Bowley and French net hat-tricks as Exmouth United U9s bag big win
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth United Under-9s were 11-0 winners when they met Sidmouth in their latest Exeter and District Youth League outing.
The win means United have now won all eight of their games so far this season, scoring an impressive 51 goals while conceding just five!
In what has become a trademark high-tempo start to their games, United were a goal up after just three minutes with Sam Baker the scorer.
A smart finish from inside the area by Johnie Bowley doubled the lead.
Oliver French got his first of the day, taking the ball from a Thomas Darville throw-in before drilling the ball home.
You may also want to watch:
The opposition restarted, but United were quickly back in possession and, when the ball arrived at the feet of French he struck the sweetest of volleys from just inside his own half that led to the ball sailing over the Sidmouth glovesman and into the net! Just before the break, a French cross from the left wing was turned home by Bowley and United trooped off with a 5-0 lead.
During the break, the United coaching staff reshuffled their side, but the flow of the game was as it had been throughout the first half.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 6 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
Harry Dellar had a long shot blocked only for Thomas Darville to react quickest and stroke the ball home.
Dellar then took a pass from Josh West before weaving his way through a number of challenges prior to drilling the ball home.
Darville, who was named the Man of the Match, got his second to make it eight and Sam Baker provided the assist for Bowley to complete his hat-trick and make it 9-0.
A second for Dellar brought up double figures and young French became the second United player to net a hat-trick as he rounded off the scoring with another fine finish.