Alford bowls a triple wicket maiden as Woodbury win Under-10 soft ball pairs match with Sidmouth.
- Credit: Archant
Woodbury were 91-run winners when they met Sidmouth in an Under-10s soft ball, pair’s match in the Bradleys East Devon cricket League.
After winning the toss Woodbury opted to bowl and all the bowlers did well. Emma Corney claimed two wickets for just six runs whilst Sammy Pratt also bagged a brace and he too returned figures of 2-6.
Henry Sims finished with two for 13, but the star of the show with the ball was Daniel Alford who, in his first over, bowled a triple wicket maiden and finished with three wickets for four runs.
The pick of the Sidmouth batting was the Sorren Hall and Thomas Fletcher partnership; the pair put on 16 as Sidmouth closed on 201.
Woodbury’s reply was excellent. Daniel Alford and Henry Sims put on 18 whilst Tom Garland and Will Cartlidge batted aggressively for 22.
You may also want to watch:
Jacques Vissiere and Harry Mackey made a careful 12, but the stars of the batting were undoubtedly Emma Corney and Sammy Pratt who put on 40 without losing a wicket, leading Woodbury to 292 and a 91 run victory.
Woodbury’s Nick Pratt said: “This was a superb match. The kids did all the basics really well. They bowled straight, batted judiciously with some very good running and calling. It certainly seemed as if they all enjoyed it too.”
- 1 David puts big business career on ice to return to his seafront roots
- 2 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 3 Sun helps volunteers shine a light on town's blooming brilliant look
- 4 Tri-Hard Runners brave the heat
- 5 Gold medal for East Devon powerlifter
- 6 Farewell for councillor who worked tirelessly for his constituents
- 7 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 8 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 9 Women's triumphant triple challenge set to net £15,000 for charity
- 10 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament