Exeter Chiefs have been superb at Sandy Park this season but travel sickness has been an ongoing problem in the Gallagher Premiership.

The Chiefs remedied that situation in their longest trip of the league calendar, recording a first away victory after coming from behind at Newcastle Falcons.

Immanuel Feyi-Woboso scored early for Exeter, flying over the line inside just 40 seconds but the Falcons responded with a sweetly-taken try from hooker Jamie Blamire. It was then the turn of Matias Moroni to score for Newcastle in a breathless start to the game.

Both scores were matched by conversions and the Chiefs found themselves 14- 5 down. Henry Slade restored some belief with a penalty and the half-time deficit was certainly manageable for the Devon club.

The game became a scrappy affair after the break and scoring opportunities were at a premium until Ben Hammersley danced inside from the wing to provide a pass for Slade to score, although he missed the subsequent conversion, leaving the Chiefs one point behind.

The Chiefs were staring at another fruitless day on the road when the power of their pack was too much for Newcastle and replacement prop Josh Iosefa-Scott picked up the pieces to score. Slade added the extras to confirm a 20-14 win.

Exeter head coach Ali Hepher told BBC Radio Devon: "There's obviously been a change in personnel, the young players coming into the side. We've been in the fight against Northampton and Harlequins but there were little experience errors there and things we've worked through.

"We controlled large parts of the game - the territory was all us the second half, but then we gave up ball, we didn't convert in the five metres.

"How we clear a path for the ball needs to be improved. Falcons had a clear tactic to try and strip the ball, which they were very successful at.

"There are bits there we have to improve but game management-wise, we controlled the game, controlled territory. Hopefully we're moving in the right direction and it's nice to win."