The last 16 has been decided in the Walter C Parson Cup, the major knock-out competition for clubs in the South-West Peninsula League.  

Holders Okehampton Argyle were made to work very hard in defence of their crown, edging past Wadebridge Town on penalties after a 3-3 draw in normal time, with player-manager Dale Chadwick scoring the decisive spot-kick.  

Dartmouth put aside their winless run in the league to beat Launceston 2-1, thanks to goals from Ollie Dowell and Sam Heath, while two stoppage time goals from Sam Hancox and Toby Pullman gave Newton Abbot Spurs a 2-1 win at Sticker. 

Crediton United won 4-1 at St Dennis and Teignmouth beat Dobwalls 3-1, as the East clubs dominated their West League counterparts. Exceptions to this pattern included Camelford beating Torrington 4-1, Wendron’s 2-1 success at Sidmouth and Mullion crushing Bishops Lydeard 5-2. 

Goals from Jake Quick, Oscar Latas and Ben Palmer handed Axminster a 3-2 win over Bovey Tracey, Elburton Villa were too strong for Honiton Town, winning 5-2, and a late goal from Luke Forward secured a 3-2 victory for Ivybridge over Stoke Gabriel & Torbay Police.  

Holsworthy lost 2-1 at Newquay and the other winners were Liskeard Athletic, Callington Town and St Austell. The draw for the last 16 will be held on Wednesday evening.  

Staying on the Cup theme, Torquay United is a club licking its wounds, as their indifferent start to the National League South season was compounded by a 2-0 defeat at home to Maidstone in the FA Cup.  

Tiverton Town and Plymouth Parkway remain locked in the bottom five of the Southern League Premier Division after both teams had to settle for a draw on Saturday. Parkway, however, will be very satisfied with their 1-1 stalemate at second-placed Merthyr Town, while Tivvy shared a 2-2 with Walton & Hersham, who are also in the top five.  

Despite being held to a 2-2 draw by Larkhall Athletic, Willand Rovers remain top of Division One South, Alfie Moulden and Owen Howe scoring the goals for Willand. The withdrawal of Hamworthy United meant no game for Bideford but Exmouth Town are rooted to the bottom after going down 3-1 at home to Malvern Town. 

After a sluggish start to the campaign, the shoots of recovery are blooming at Tavistock, as they moved to within three points of the play-off positions with a 2-0 triumph at Paulton Rovers, Ed Harrison and Tallan Burns were the men on target.  

Brixham are up to second in the Toolstation Western League, early goals from Ben Aldous and Scott Robinson giving the Fishermen a 2-0 win at Street. An own goal and strikes from Cieran Bridger, Ben Carter and Josh Grant proved enough for Buckland to beat Saltash 4-3 in a thriller at Homers Heath.  

After falling behind to an early goal at Wellington, a superb hat-trick from Dan Wilson secured a 3-1 win for Ilfracombe Town, who have moved into the relative comfort of a mid-table position.  

The top of the Devon Football League is looking incredibly tight. The University of Exeter have a one-point lead following their 2-1 victory at Mount Gould, with Lakeside chasing hard after a comfortable 4-1 success at Topsham Town. Appledore, in third, had a weekend off from the league.  

There was a battle of two DFL heavyweights at Furzebrake, where hosts Beer Albion fought back to earn a 1-1 draw with North Molton. Finley Rooke headed the leveller for Beer after Jon Butler had opened the scoring for the Stags. 

Budleigh Salterton swept past Ipplepen with a 3-0 win, Feniton remain bottom after a 3-1 defeat at Thorverton and Ottery St Mary followed up their midweek win over Thorverton with a battling draw at Bere Alston. 

The game of the day was at Barnstaple Town 2nds, who played some great football on the day but could not prevent a 5-3 defeat to Plymstock, as the North Devon club issued a short statement on social media to confirm financial stability is in place at Barum.