Youth worker enjoying Brixington role
A YOUTH worker has been speaking about the joys of working in his new role - to support and develop youth activities in Brixington.
David Slater has been working for Brixington Community Church since last November as youth leader.
Mr Slater, who previously worked in Uganda with street children and abandoned babies, says he is thoroughly enjoying the new role.
“It is an exciting time,” he said. “There are lots of things going on, trying to introduce new activities for youngsters in Brixington.”
Mr Slater helps run a youth club on Friday evenings for 13-16-year-olds. There is also a group called Deeper which takes place on the same day which has a faith teaching element.
You may also want to watch:
There are also plans for after school clubs at the end of February as well as new media and sports clubs.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 10 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth