Work starts on new Lympstone homes
WORK has started on new council homes at Churchill Court in Lympstone.
The properties are under construction on land owned by East Devon District Council. It is the first time in 20 years the local authority has built homes.
In September last year, the Homes and Communities Agency announced a �1 million investment in housing for East Devon, which was matched by EDDC, resulting in a decision to build 17 new affordable homes in the district.
Nine of those will be at Churchill Court.
Councillor Jill Elson, portfolio holder for communities, said: “With continuing pressure on housing lists and more families wanting to move into homes they can afford, I am delighted that the council is able to begin its own building programme.
You may also want to watch:
“Our Housing Team has been working very hard behind the scenes for some time now trying to bring all the strands together to make these homes a reality.
“I congratulate them on their persistence and look forward to seeing more Council-funded housing schemes being built in East Devon the future.”
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 5 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 6 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 7 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 8 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 9 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter