Woodbury woman celebrates 102nd birthday
A WOODBURY woman has celebrated her 102nd birthday. Eva Parker, who was born in the village, marked her special day last Wednesday, October 28, with a party at Moreton Residential home, in Drakes Avenue, Exmouth, where she now lives. She has one daughter,
A WOODBURY woman has celebrated her 102nd birthday.
Eva Parker, who was born in the village, marked her special day last Wednesday, October 28, with a party at Moreton Residential home, in Drakes Avenue, Exmouth, where she now lives.
She has one daughter, Yvonne, one grandchild, Andrew Beck, and two grandchildren, Jessica and Megan.
Yvonne said: "The party was absolutely brilliant. I can't speak highly enough of the staff at Moreton for what they did. Some of them had given up their days off to be there.
You may also want to watch:
"My mum was sat down with all the other residents and the food was lovely.
"She thoroughly enjoyed the occasion. Her room was full of flowers."
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 6 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 10 Tribute paid to former town manager Suzy
Before Exmouth was bombed in World War II, Eva worked in a jewellers. Her husband, Alfred, a well-known Exmouth man, who played for Withycombe Raleigh Club, died in 1984.
Yvonne said despite her mum's age, her well-being, both mentally and physically, was very good.
She added: "She loves ringing her family members even now, for the latest gossip. There are not many ladies who get to 102 and still get to enjoy their life.