Woodbury school receives rugby tuition
POTENTIAL rugby stars of the future from Woodbury Primary School have been receiving tuition from staff at Exeter Chiefs. Tony Walker, a member of the club s community programme, has been visiting the school to provide children with tag rugby coaching.
POTENTIAL rugby stars of the future from Woodbury Primary School have been receiving tuition from staff at Exeter Chiefs.
Tony Walker, a member of the club's community programme, has been visiting the school to provide children with tag rugby coaching.
Mark Dinan, a class five teacher, said: "The children have loved it. They are about to do their fourth session with Tony.
"He has been very encouraging with the support and advice he's offered including those who are not natural rugby players. He is a very good ambassador for the sport."
You may also want to watch:
Mark said the club has also provided the school with free youth tickets to watch the Exeter Chiefs in action.
He added: "We have another person who has been coming along to talk about healthy eating so it's not just about rugby - it's a holistic thing as well."
- 1 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 2 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 3 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 4 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 5 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 6 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 7 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 8 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 9 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 10 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
Children from year five and six will be taking part in a tag rugby competition at Sandy Park on October 15.