Woodbury school receives rugby tuition
POTENTIAL rugby stars of the future from Woodbury Primary School have been receiving tuition from staff at Exeter Chiefs. Tony Walker, a member of the club s community programme, has been visiting the school to provide children with tag rugby coaching.
POTENTIAL rugby stars of the future from Woodbury Primary School have been receiving tuition from staff at Exeter Chiefs.
Tony Walker, a member of the club's community programme, has been visiting the school to provide children with tag rugby coaching.
Mark Dinan, a class five teacher, said: "The children have loved it. They are about to do their fourth session with Tony.
"He has been very encouraging with the support and advice he's offered including those who are not natural rugby players. He is a very good ambassador for the sport."
You may also want to watch:
Mark said the club has also provided the school with free youth tickets to watch the Exeter Chiefs in action.
He added: "We have another person who has been coming along to talk about healthy eating so it's not just about rugby - it's a holistic thing as well."
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 5 John and Grace run for the heart
- 6 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 7 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 10 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
Children from year five and six will be taking part in a tag rugby competition at Sandy Park on October 15.