Woodbury school receives rugby tuition
POTENTIAL rugby stars of the future from Woodbury Primary School have been receiving tuition from staff at Exeter Chiefs. Tony Walker, a member of the club s community programme, has been visiting the school to provide children with tag rugby coaching.
POTENTIAL rugby stars of the future from Woodbury Primary School have been receiving tuition from staff at Exeter Chiefs.
Tony Walker, a member of the club's community programme, has been visiting the school to provide children with tag rugby coaching.
Mark Dinan, a class five teacher, said: "The children have loved it. They are about to do their fourth session with Tony.
"He has been very encouraging with the support and advice he's offered including those who are not natural rugby players. He is a very good ambassador for the sport."
You may also want to watch:
Mark said the club has also provided the school with free youth tickets to watch the Exeter Chiefs in action.
He added: "We have another person who has been coming along to talk about healthy eating so it's not just about rugby - it's a holistic thing as well."
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 3 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
- 6 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 10 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
Children from year five and six will be taking part in a tag rugby competition at Sandy Park on October 15.