Woodbury school receives rugby tuition
POTENTIAL rugby stars of the future from Woodbury Primary School have been receiving tuition from staff at Exeter Chiefs. Tony Walker, a member of the club s community programme, has been visiting the school to provide children with tag rugby coaching.
POTENTIAL rugby stars of the future from Woodbury Primary School have been receiving tuition from staff at Exeter Chiefs.
Tony Walker, a member of the club's community programme, has been visiting the school to provide children with tag rugby coaching.
Mark Dinan, a class five teacher, said: "The children have loved it. They are about to do their fourth session with Tony.
"He has been very encouraging with the support and advice he's offered including those who are not natural rugby players. He is a very good ambassador for the sport."
You may also want to watch:
Mark said the club has also provided the school with free youth tickets to watch the Exeter Chiefs in action.
He added: "We have another person who has been coming along to talk about healthy eating so it's not just about rugby - it's a holistic thing as well."
- 1 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Repair cafe opens again
- 4 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 5 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 6 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 7 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 8 Welcome opportunity to celebrate natural beauty of pebblebed heaths
- 9 Extraordinary win for Budleigh Seconds
- 10 Beacon of success: a tribute to the life and times of Spud Rowsell
Children from year five and six will be taking part in a tag rugby competition at Sandy Park on October 15.