Greenhouse fire in Woodbury Salterton

PUBLISHED: 09:41 02 January 2019

Archant

A stray firework is believed to have caused a fire in a greenhouse in Woodbury Salterton yesterday (January 1).

Fire engines from Middlemoor and Exmouth were called out at around 7.45am after reports of a fire in New Way.

On arrival, crews confirmed there was smoke and flames coming from a greenhouse and extinguished the flames using two hose reel jets.

A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue spokesman said 90 per cent of the greenhouse was ‘destroyed’ by the fire believed to have been caused by a stray firework.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Comments have been disabled on this article.

Most Read

Latest from the Exmouth Journal