Woodbury cardboard collection trial to start in March
- Credit: Archant
A cardboard recycling trial will get underway in Woodbury in March, the district council has confirmed.
From March 1, some 850 households in the village will be given a white foldaway collection bag to use for cardboard instead of the green recycling box they are currently using.
The district council says Woodbury was chosen for this trial as it is served by one collection crew which means the results of the trial can be measured more accurately.
Residents will be given further information about the trial through the post as well as the additional recycling bag later this month.
An East Devon District Council (EDDC) spokesman said this will allow the benefits to be measured more accurately.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Tom Wright, EDDC’s portfolio holder for the environment, said: “We’re very grateful to everyone who takes part and we’ll be sending you a questionnaire to seek your views which will help shape the future of the council’s recycling and waste service.”
- 1 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 2 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 3 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 Devon Start Up programme for social entrepreneurs
- 10 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces