Woodbury pub opens under new management
THE new management team at a Woodbury pub are looking forward to a bright and long future with their business. Nick Du Buisson and his wife, Sue, took over at the White Hart Inn, in Church Stile Lane, last month. And, based on a busy opening few weeks wi
THE new management team at a Woodbury pub are looking forward to a bright and long future with their business.
Nick Du Buisson and his wife, Sue, took over at the White Hart Inn, in Church Stile Lane, last month.
And, based on a busy opening few weeks with customers leaving in happy spirits, the couple believe there is no reason that aim can't be achieved.
Sue, 50, said: "The customers have been really welcoming to us.
You may also want to watch:
"There's a good atmosphere here. We have a public bar for drinkers and a lounge for people who want a more quiet drink.
"We were exceptionally busy on our opening night and every night since has been good, though, we have to improve on Sundays.
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 7 Budleigh up to third with thrilling win
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 '9 to 5' smash hit musical about to come your way
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
"We've got darts and skittles teams and there are quizzes taking place, karaoke and speed dating."
The couple live at the pub with their children, Alice, 16, Laura, 13, Isobel, 11, and William, nine.
Sue said she was undeterred by opening the pub in the current economic climate.
"There are a lot of people in this village and only two pubs. There are lots of couples with families who want to go out and eat."
The previous landlady, Sheila, still works at The White Hart Inn in the kitchen.
Sue added: "We have a new menu and wine list. We are cooking from scratch and we use local suppliers.
"Lamb and beef is bought from Exmoor and fish and pork is bought locally. No food is used from plastic bags.
"We also have good ales on offer and the wines have been selling really well.