Woodbury pub opens under new management
THE new management team at a Woodbury pub are looking forward to a bright and long future with their business. Nick Du Buisson and his wife, Sue, took over at the White Hart Inn, in Church Stile Lane, last month. And, based on a busy opening few weeks wi
THE new management team at a Woodbury pub are looking forward to a bright and long future with their business.
Nick Du Buisson and his wife, Sue, took over at the White Hart Inn, in Church Stile Lane, last month.
And, based on a busy opening few weeks with customers leaving in happy spirits, the couple believe there is no reason that aim can't be achieved.
Sue, 50, said: "The customers have been really welcoming to us.
"There's a good atmosphere here. We have a public bar for drinkers and a lounge for people who want a more quiet drink.
"We were exceptionally busy on our opening night and every night since has been good, though, we have to improve on Sundays.
- 1 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
- 2 'Goth girl' Scarlett plans Dartmoor trek for charity
- 3 Big Breakfast fundraiser starts Budleigh Gala Week
- 4 'Report graffiti and vandalism', police urge Budleigh residents
- 5 Exeter Chiefs looking to get better of Bristol Bears, again and again!
- 6 I spent an afternoon with the Devon Air Ambulance
- 7 Witness appeal after Exmouth assault
- 8 Body found in search for missing man
- 9 Exmouth coast watch recruit three newbies
- 10 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
"We've got darts and skittles teams and there are quizzes taking place, karaoke and speed dating."
The couple live at the pub with their children, Alice, 16, Laura, 13, Isobel, 11, and William, nine.
Sue said she was undeterred by opening the pub in the current economic climate.
"There are a lot of people in this village and only two pubs. There are lots of couples with families who want to go out and eat."
The previous landlady, Sheila, still works at The White Hart Inn in the kitchen.
Sue added: "We have a new menu and wine list. We are cooking from scratch and we use local suppliers.
"Lamb and beef is bought from Exmoor and fish and pork is bought locally. No food is used from plastic bags.
"We also have good ales on offer and the wines have been selling really well.