Overspill car park plan for Woodbury agricultural land
- Credit: Google
Plans have been submitted to transform agricultural land in Woodbury into an overspill car park.
If given the go-ahead, the proposal would provide an additional 59 spaces for users of the nearby Woodbury Business Park.
The site, on the corner of Castle Lane and Rydon Lane, has currently been left 'fallow' for the last two years and is 'sporadically' used as an overflow car park when needed.
Woodbury Business Park currently has 166 spaces, with 121 of those allocated to tenants.
In the planning support statement, Bell Cornwell, on behalf of applicant GB House and Son, said additional parking at Woodbury Park has become 'a necessity'.
You may also want to watch:
It said: "Each tenant has a number of allocated parking spaces, with the remainder of their employees having to park in the unallocated visitor parking area.
"This causes problems with visitors to the site not being able to park."
- 1 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 6 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 7 John and Grace run for the heart
- 8 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 9 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
East Devon District Council will make the final decision.