Woodbury flower festival celebration
WOODBURY residents are invited to mark a date in their diaries for an event aimed at raising funds for St Swithun s Church. The 600th flower festival celebrations take place between September 25 and 27, celebrating the consecration of the church tower by
WOODBURY residents are invited to mark a date in their diaries for an event aimed at raising funds for St Swithun's Church.
The 600th flower festival celebrations take place between September 25 and 27, celebrating the consecration of the church tower by the then bishop of Exeter in 1409.
It is hoped money raised will keep the church standing for an additional 600 years.
The band of Her Majesty's Royal Marines will perform on the Village Green on Friday, September 25.
You may also want to watch:
Children from both Woodbury and Woodbury Salterton will stage a pageant on The Green at 2pm the same day.
A lychgate stall will be held between 9am and 12pm on Saturday, September 26.
- 1 Booktrack success for Fraya, 10
- 2 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 3 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’
- 4 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 5 Budleigh CIC to launch more courses for adults with learning disabilities
- 6 All about the data for Exmouth youth
- 7 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 8 Wild fire warning after camp fire remnants found at Bystock
- 9 Youngsters thriving in outdoor environment
- 10 Youngsters complete staggered marathon for FORCE with support from Exmouth GP patients
This is followed by a country fayre on The Green with stalls, games, cream teas and a prize draw at 2pm. A hog roast will be held at 5pm.
The events on Saturday draw to a close with a concert in the church at 7.30pm.
A treasure hunt takes place on Sunday at 2pm with a songs of praise event being held in the Christ Church at 6pm.
For more information about the flower festival celebrations, contact Sandra on 232696 or Barbara on 232748.