Woodbury crime round-up
POLICE have stepped up the number of patrols carried out in Woodbury Common after a spate of crimes. PC Simon Halloran told councillors at a Woodbury Parish Council meeting held last Monday, September 15, there had been a number of separate incidents in t
POLICE have stepped up the number of patrols carried out in Woodbury Common after a spate of crimes.
PC Simon Halloran told councillors at a Woodbury Parish Council meeting held last Monday, September 15, there had been a number of separate incidents in the area since July.
The type of crimes ranged from thefts, an assault through to damage to vehicles.
A concerned Mr Halloran said police would be placing a particular emphasis on thefts by increasing patrols in the area.
You may also want to watch:
"We will step up patrols in order to try and reduce this kind of problem in the Common," he said.
Crimes which have taken place in the Common included: * A motorcycle taken between August 10 and 11. Anyone with information should contact Devon and Cornwall police on 08452 777444, quoting crime reference number KE/09/2378.
- 1 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 2 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 3 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 4 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 5 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 6 Medics start fundraising row from Exmouth to help life-saving charities
- 7 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 8 County council leader re-elected as voice for South West
- 9 Community rallies round to make raffle a success and help Lions
- 10 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
* A man was found to be in possession of an offensive weapon on August 6. The male was given a warning by police.
* Enquiries are ongoing with regards to an assault in the area on July 17. Anybody who may have information should contact Devon and Cornwall police, quoting crime reference number KE/09/2053.
* A male was arrested for being in the possession of class B drugs and received a warning for the offence.
* And, on July 25 a handbag and its contents were taken from a vehicle. The crime reference number is KE/09/2122.
There were a total of seventeen crimes in Woodbury and Woodbury Salterton between July 13 and September 6, six of which took place in the Common area.
Additional crimes included: * A property in Exton being burgled overnight on Saturday, August 29. A large quantity of tools and bathroom equipment was taken.
Anyone with information should contact Devon and Cornwall police on 08452 777444, quoting crime reference number KE/09/2580.
Golfing equipment was taken from a caravan site in Woodbury on Thursday, August 13. Enquiries are continuing.
A handbag and its contents were taken from a public house in Woodbury on Sunday, August 16.
And, plant equipment and a generator was stolen from a business unit in Woodbury Salterton between May 31 and July 24.
During the period of July 13 and September 6, there were 47 calls reported to the police communications centre.
They included eight related to anti social behaviour, two road traffic collisions and one missing person who was found safe and well.