Woodbury businessman’s brave cycle challenge
A BRAVE Woodbury businessman is gearing up for an epic 100 mile bike ride to raise money for a cancer charity.
Peter O’Shaughnessy, managing director of Swan Communications, of Woodmanton Farm, will be among 650 cyclists expected to complete the gruelling Century Cycle Challenge this Sunday, June 27.
The challenge aims to raise �40,000 for Force.
Mr O’Shaughnessy said: “I have been training since February for this event.
“The biggest challenge will be the mental stamina to keep on going when the physical side wants to give up, but I’m determined I will do it, it’s such a worthwhile cause.” Mr O’Shaughnessy enjoys raising money for charities and is also taking part in a 315 mile Great British Bike Ride from Landsend to Twickenham in September.
You may also want to watch:
The ride is in aid of Help the Heroes, RFU Injured Players Foundation, the RPA Benevolent Fund and the Commando Challenge.
You can help donate and sponsor Peter by visiting the following website address at: http://www.justgiving.com/Peter-O-Shaughnessy
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 8 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon