Woodbury bungalow plans
AN APPLICATION for a detached bungalow to be built in Broadway, Woodbury, failed to receive the backing of the village s parish council. Councillors felt the proposal had not altered from a previous application which was turned down by EDDC in 1999. The
AN APPLICATION for a detached bungalow to be built in Broadway, Woodbury, failed to receive the backing of the village's parish council.
Councillors felt the proposal had not altered from a previous application which was turned down by EDDC in 1999.
The site is based within a built-up area of Woodbury, occupying a strip of land adjacent to the drive of Celandine and properties Little Orchard and The Grange.
Reasons for the previous application being refused included feelings the proposed development would result in the loss of an important area of land.
You may also want to watch:
And, due to its density, it was felt it would be intrusive and out of keeping with the open, spacious character of the area.
Further reasons included its poor relationship to adjacent buildings, leading to a loss of amenities and the local planning authority would find it difficult to resist similar proposals.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 6 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 New electric vehicle charging hubs given the green light
- 10 Ban and fine for speeding
Philip and Mary Prince, of Broadway, Woodbury, object the latest application.
In a letter to EDDC, they said: "We feel the original reasons for refusal have not changed and are just as pertinent today as they were for the previous application."
The plans will now go before East Devon District Council for a final decision.