Woman dies after Budleigh Salterton sea front fall
A 47-year-old Somerset woman has died after falling 40 foot from a footpath at Budleigh Salterton.
A 47-year-old Somerset woman has died after falling 40 foot off a footpath at Budleigh Salterton.
The woman, who has not been named, on Saturday fell from the Coastguard Hill footpath close to the war memorial, onto the sea front path below while out walking with her brother.
Onlookers said she had ducked under the railing to pick up a feather or flower, lost her footing, and tumbled over the edge.
Exmouth coastguards and paramedics were called at around 6pm by a member of the public.
You may also want to watch:
The coastguard helicopter was scrambled and took the casualty to Dorchester hospital where she died on Sunday.
- 1 Outpouring of support for Afghan refugees arriving in Exmouth
- 2 Local government working together to help Afghan refugees
- 3 Jack does the trick in Budleigh victory
- 4 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 5 Wider ramifications of this summer's traveller troubles
- 6 Exmouth Harrier Jenny Reay excels at Newton Abbot Ladies 10km
- 7 Round-robin barbecue event huge success
- 8 Festival is blessed with sunshine and celebrities
- 9 Huge lifestyle changes are needed to avert disaster
- 10 Difficult decisions needed to tackle big issues