Woman dies after Budleigh Salterton sea front fall
A 47-year-old Somerset woman has died after falling 40 foot from a footpath at Budleigh Salterton.
A 47-year-old Somerset woman has died after falling 40 foot off a footpath at Budleigh Salterton.
The woman, who has not been named, on Saturday fell from the Coastguard Hill footpath close to the war memorial, onto the sea front path below while out walking with her brother.
Onlookers said she had ducked under the railing to pick up a feather or flower, lost her footing, and tumbled over the edge.
Exmouth coastguards and paramedics were called at around 6pm by a member of the public.
The coastguard helicopter was scrambled and took the casualty to Dorchester hospital where she died on Sunday.
- 1 'Rally for the Raleigh' - plan launched for community to buy village pub
- 2 Solomon goes to great lengths to help local food bank
- 3 Careless charity shop donors cost Devon Air Ambulance money
- 4 16-year-old among arrests in Christmas drink and drug driving clampdown
- 5 Volunteers help build new shed for Mill Water School
- 6 Battling Cockles pipped by title-chasing Old Reds
- 7 Cocktails and fine dining on the menu at Exmouth hotel
- 8 The Jays of East Budleigh back in the winners circle
- 9 Young people sought for Covid vaccine research
- 10 East Devon economy bouncing back from Covid