Woman dies after Budleigh Salterton sea front fall
A 47-year-old Somerset woman has died after falling 40 foot from a footpath at Budleigh Salterton.
A 47-year-old Somerset woman has died after falling 40 foot off a footpath at Budleigh Salterton.
The woman, who has not been named, on Saturday fell from the Coastguard Hill footpath close to the war memorial, onto the sea front path below while out walking with her brother.
Onlookers said she had ducked under the railing to pick up a feather or flower, lost her footing, and tumbled over the edge.
Exmouth coastguards and paramedics were called at around 6pm by a member of the public.
You may also want to watch:
The coastguard helicopter was scrambled and took the casualty to Dorchester hospital where she died on Sunday.
- 1 Booktrack success for Fraya, 10
- 2 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 3 Lifetime membership for Exmouth in Bloom’s 100th ‘friend’
- 4 Lympstone relocation for Lawoofs Devon
- 5 Budleigh CIC to launch more courses for adults with learning disabilities
- 6 All about the data for Exmouth youth
- 7 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 8 Wild fire warning after camp fire remnants found at Bystock
- 9 Youngsters thriving in outdoor environment
- 10 Youngsters complete staggered marathon for FORCE with support from Exmouth GP patients