Withycombe teachers get soaked!
CHILDREN fired wet sponges at their teachers at an end-of-year Withycombe Raleigh Primary School fete. The event, which took place on Saturday, July 11, was organised by the parent teachers and friend association and opened by Valerie Oswin, a former teac
CHILDREN fired wet sponges at their teachers at an end-of-year Withycombe Raleigh Primary School fete.
The event, which took place on Saturday, July 11, was organised by the parent teachers and friend association and opened by Valerie Oswin, a former teacher who left the school last Christmas.
The coastguard and a fire crew attended the fete; children browsed toy stalls, took part in a 'soak the teacher' activity and there was a story telling session in the hall.
Lynn Jones, associate headteacher, said: "The school would like to that the PTFA for organising the event.
You may also want to watch:
"The fete started at 11 o'clock and the place was full not long after. The rain held off which was good.
"Money raised is going to our grounds project because we are revamping the outside area. "We would like to have features put in place like a climbing wall and have already added pavement markings which are a big success."
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 4 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 5 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 6 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 7 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 8 Jon Sopel event boosts St Peters’ Chromebook appeal
- 9 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 10 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
It is the third year the summer fete has took place.