Winter survival tips for Budleigh
PUBLISHED: 10:49 01 December 2011
A winter survival leaflet is being delivered to homes throughout the town.
The leaflet, published by the town council and paid for by County Councillor Christine Channon, lists a nine-point survival plan.
The leaflet reads: As autumn draws to a close, there are some basic things people can do to ease their lives in the event of severe winter weather, making it difficult or impossible venture out.”
● Stock up on tinned and dried food.
● Stock up your freezer.
● Have a torch in a handy place.
● Buy some candles.
● Make sure you have enough solid fuel for the winter.
● Ensure you have enough medicine for the winter.
● Buy bags of table salt for your doorstep and path.
● Have sufficient blankets.
The town hall’s emergency number in the event of prolonged snowfall for pensioners is (01395) 445566.