Winners of Budleigh garden competition announced.
BUDLEIGH Salterton In Bloom members have picked the winners of the town s gardens competition.
BUDLEIGH Salterton In Bloom members have picked the winners of the town's gardens competition.
The winners of the annual competition are listed as follows, preceded by one of the 11 categories:
Small Garden - 1st Mrs K Alabaster 2nd Robert Daniel 3rd D. H Bridle; Medium Garden - 1st Mrs M Morris 2nd Mrs McNeill 3rd Mrs J Law; Large Garden - 1st Alison Maddaford 2nd Beryl Schmidt Rieche.
Paved Garden - 1st D H Bridle 2nd Clive Lockwood 3rd Faith Nex; Vegetable Garden - 1st Jean Potter 2nd Alison Maddaford 3rd M. Lewis; Container / Hanging Basket - 1st Mr & Mrs Shackleton 2nd Knowle Mews residents association 3rd Pauline Swannell.
Community / Communal Garden - 1st Palmer Court 2nd Knowle Mews 3rd Rosemullion.
Allotments - 1st Mr R. French 2nd S J Wood & Ms B Malone 3rd A Weeks
- 1 What if housing developments could be done differently?
- 2 Councillors formally support bid for levelling up fund
- 3 In=person exams made a welcome return this year, now for the Proms...
- 4 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 5 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 6 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 7 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 8 Do you remember the general election of 1979?
- 9 Floral boat dedicated to Budleigh fisherman Digger Rogers
- 10 Hilary Mantel's desk fetches more than £4,000 at auction
Business Winners - 1st Palmers 2nd Premier Cafe 3rd Staddons;
Business Winners Pubs - 1st Dog & Donkey 2nd The Feathers 3rd Salterton Arms.
Hotels/Guest Houses/Bed & Breakfast - 1st Mr & Mrs Shackleton.
Pat Prew of Budleigh Salterton in Bloom said: "The winner of the overall prize which is the �100 Kings Garden Leisure Centre Vouchers, together with champagne, flowers and chocolates from Tesco will be announced at our presentation evening in October, as will the winner of our new Carole Watts trophy for the best plants-person.