Win Navy Days tickets
THIS September, Navy Days is coming back to Plymouth. Her Majesty s Naval Base Devonport, the largest naval base in Western Europe, will open its doors for the first time in three years for what promises to be a spectacular family day out.
THIS September, Navy Days is coming back to Plymouth.
Her Majesty's Naval Base Devonport, the largest naval base in Western Europe, will open its doors for the first time in three years for what promises to be a spectacular family day out. Navy Days will showcase the present and future capabilities of the Royal Navy and Royal Marines, and allow the public to meet the men and women who serve on our ships and submarines.
On the water, there will be the unique opportunity to climb aboard a wide range of Royal Naval ships and submarines, including a Hunter-Killer nuclear submarine and the Falklands war veteran HMS Courageous. Also open to the public will be the helicopter carrier HMS Ocean, the largest ship in the fleet, and HMS Bulwark, star of the latest Warship TV series. The highlight of the show will be the newest and most sophisticated warship in the Royal Navy, HMS Daring, the first of the Type-45 destroyers.
On the land, witness a 'Back from the Frontline' Exhibition by the Royal Marines. A wide range of vehicles and weapons will be on display, including Jackal, Viking, the awesome LCAC military hovercraft, and the grenade machine gun. The Band of Her Majesty's Royal Marines will also be in attendance along with the Royal Navy's parachute display team and the Royal Artillery's motorbike display team, the Flying Gunners.
You may also want to watch:
They also have a stunning hostage rescue demonstration, accompanied by a fantastic air display, not only to mark Navy Days 2009 but to recognise 100 years of naval aviation. It will include the amazing Royal Navy Historic Flight as well as a range of modern military aircraft and the Black Cats, the Royal Navy's own Lynx helicopter display team.
With so many attractions, this really is the ideal family day out. Why not come and Meet Your Navy? Advanced tickets are available with substantial discounts from the ticket hotline 08445 787878. For more information visit: www.royalnavy.mod.uk/navydays.
- 1 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 2 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 3 The discovery of unusual items in the search for crucial paperwork - Paul Nero
- 4 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 5 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 6 'Follow the spirit of the lockdown restrictions'
- 7 Former Exmouth school volunteer recognised with marine conservation award
- 8 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day to be marked in virtual ceremony
- 10 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping