Willows grand opening at Stallcombe
BROADCASTER Sue Lawley, co-patron of Stallcombe House hosted the official opening of Willows, the new six bedroomed home for adults with learning disabilities.
The home is built and designed to accommodate the complex sensory needs of its residents who need very high levels of care from the trained team of specialist support workers.
Willows is within the grounds of Stallcombe House so the residents have immediate access to the facilities at Stallcombe which include gardening, small animal farming, art and craft, weaving, music and drama.
The building is complete with the latest eco technology including solar panels, triple glazing and an underground heat pump.
Chris Thistle of Stallcombe House said: “This ethos compliments the philosophy of Stallcombe House which for many years has championed a whole food, organic diet and a holistic approach to health and well-being.”
You may also want to watch:
Hugo Swire, Minister of State for Northern Ireland and East Devon District Councillor Anne Liverton joined Sue at the opening ceremony.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 4 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 5 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 6 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 7 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 8 Friends remember Alison as cancer support fund grows to £40,000
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Who blinked first? A defining moment in humanity's existence