Wildlife picture competition launched
EXMOUTH S Bystock Reserve is likely to be inundated with amateur photographers over the next few weeks after Devon Wildlife Trust launched its annual wildlife picture competition.
EXMOUTH'S Bystock Reserve is likely to be inundated with amateur photographers over the next few weeks after Devon Wildlife Trust launched its annual wildlife picture competition.
Photos, which have to be taken at one of the charity's 43 nature reserves, need to be sent in before March 31.
Previously the competition has attracted a range of subjects and encouraged many more people to visit DWT's wildlife sites.
The winning photographs, together with the names of the photographers, will be published in the charity's magazine Wild Devon which is sent out to its 35,000 members.
You may also want to watch:
Selected entries will also be exhibited around the county in 2010.
The competition is open to amateur photographers and there are four categories; Under 7, 7-11, 12-16 and adults.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 3 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 6 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 7 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 8 Royal Marines Charity gets donation from Devon-based roofing firm
- 9 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 10 Exmouth’s Deaf Academy recognised for ‘outstanding use’ of technology during lockdown
There is a �2 fee for each photo entry which will go towards nature conservation throughout Devon.
Organiser Miriam Thomas said: "We want everyone to try and visit their local DWT nature reserve in the coming months.
"There are over 40 around the county and all are full of interesting subjects to snap."
Co organiser Sandra Wills said: "So whether it is a bird, flower, insect, plant or a scenery shot of riverside, woodland, heath or meadow why not have a go!"
For more information visit www.devonwildlifetust.org