Photography competition launched to mark bluebell week
- Credit: Sue Bragg
To celebrate ‘Bluebell Week’ which started on Monday (April 26), East Devon District Council has launched a photo competition to find the best spring photographs of 2021.
It could be photos of landscapes, wild flowers or wildlife you have spotted this spring.
The top twelve winning entries will feature in the 2022 Wild East Devon calendar.
The overall winner will receive a voucher for two places on one of our events this summer such as a VIP guided tour of Seaton Wetlands or on one of our ten nature reserves.
Runners up will receive a selection of folding wildlife guides.
Wild East Devon Team Leader, Tim Dafforn, said: “We’re looking forward to seeing some great entries this year including landscapes and wildlife looking spectacular this spring.
“It has been a great year for wildlife but a challenging one for people so we hope that this competition will lift our spirits and help us appreciate our outstanding nature and the great outdoors.”
- 1 Lower Otter Restoration Project delayed after concerns raised over nesting birds
- 2 Budleigh couple’s book detailing their South American adventures
- 3 Exmouth Town mourn former manager
- 4 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 5 Female football opportunities at Budleigh
- 6 East Devon AONB ‘violet hunt’ launched
- 7 Thousands of trees are being planted, but what can we do to help environment?
- 8 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 9 Jurassic Fibre helps local businesses get better connected
- 10 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
In June, a judging panel will choose the winners and top 12.
The winning entries will feature in the 2022 Wild East Devon calendar which will be available to purchase from November.
Wild East Devon Ranger, Will Jones, said: “Please be careful of your footsteps when taking the photos.
“In your quest to capture the beauty of the wildlife and countryside, don't accidentally cause any damage.”
Those who enter agree to give permission for East Devon District Council and Wild East Devon to reproduce the image for marketing and promotional purposes. Please see the terms and conditions on the council website.
The district council asks people to not submit any content if they do not agree to these terms.
To mark spring in East Devon, Wild East Devon are teaming up with the Axe Vale & District Conservation Society for a week of events, activities and video for Bluebell Week, including the photo competition.
To submit your entry, email email@example.com or tag your image on social media withn @eastdevon and #springeastdevon before May 31.
For more information on bluebell week, visit eastdevon.gov.uk/countryside/bluebell-week