Why not re-use containers?
The idea of having a deposit on bottles is a good one, but they are a pain to return individually.
My idea is that bottles of beer, water, drinks etc, could be sold in a strong cardboard (or even a reusable plastic) carry container in a six or twelve pack which is divided into sections, so that as the drink is used, the bottles are replaced into the same container.
The container would have a carry handle, making it easier and safer.
The deposit is charged on the full container, which is easily returned, (and easily identified for re-use)
The other point is that there are too many different shapes of the same size of bottle and the industry would make re-use easier, if they had some standardisation of container, which would allow anyone to re-use each other’s bottles.
You may also want to watch:
I am sending this to other organisations, too.
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 3 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 4 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 5 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 6 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 7 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
Bicton Villas, Exmouth