What separates us from beasts...
ASDA would change prices (letters, November 5). In response to Tom Gorfin s letter about fuel and necessity: Food is a necessity, even our lugubrious leaders concede that by letting us have it free of VAT.
ASDA would change prices (letters, November 5). In response to Tom Gorfin's letter about fuel and necessity:
Food is a necessity, even our lugubrious leaders concede that by letting us have it free of VAT.
Petrol, well, that's just opinion and hope, as ASDA's petrol could easily be inflated until it matches the local high average. After all, they are in it for the money, as you say (and don't blame them for that.)
One thing that's meant to separate the human race, we "higher mammals", from the rest of the beasts, is altruism. Neither ASDA nor Tesco, nor many of our leaders and councillors, appear aware of this.
You may also want to watch:
19 Withycombe Road,
- 1 ejl wk24 new constituency
- 2 Exciting new era begins at Budleigh Salterton
- 3 Claire Austin honoured by the Queen
- 4 Safety teams collaborate for event to help save lives
- 5 Moxey takes Gulls to the final
- 6 Exmouth Town gearing up for pre-season campaign
- 7 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 8 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 9 Brilliant win on the road for Budleigh
- 10 Home care fair aims to raise awareness and provide advice