What separates us from beasts...
ASDA would change prices (letters, November 5). In response to Tom Gorfin s letter about fuel and necessity: Food is a necessity, even our lugubrious leaders concede that by letting us have it free of VAT.
ASDA would change prices (letters, November 5). In response to Tom Gorfin's letter about fuel and necessity:
Food is a necessity, even our lugubrious leaders concede that by letting us have it free of VAT.
Petrol, well, that's just opinion and hope, as ASDA's petrol could easily be inflated until it matches the local high average. After all, they are in it for the money, as you say (and don't blame them for that.)
One thing that's meant to separate the human race, we "higher mammals", from the rest of the beasts, is altruism. Neither ASDA nor Tesco, nor many of our leaders and councillors, appear aware of this.
You may also want to watch:
19 Withycombe Road,
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 6 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 Ban and fine for speeding
- 10 From Siberia to Exmouth, here come the geese