What separates us from beasts...
ASDA would change prices (letters, November 5). In response to Tom Gorfin s letter about fuel and necessity: Food is a necessity, even our lugubrious leaders concede that by letting us have it free of VAT.
ASDA would change prices (letters, November 5). In response to Tom Gorfin's letter about fuel and necessity:
Food is a necessity, even our lugubrious leaders concede that by letting us have it free of VAT.
Petrol, well, that's just opinion and hope, as ASDA's petrol could easily be inflated until it matches the local high average. After all, they are in it for the money, as you say (and don't blame them for that.)
One thing that's meant to separate the human race, we "higher mammals", from the rest of the beasts, is altruism. Neither ASDA nor Tesco, nor many of our leaders and councillors, appear aware of this.
19 Withycombe Road,
- 1 What if housing developments could be done differently?
- 2 Councillors formally support bid for levelling up fund
- 3 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 4 Feezing license fee is sensible, but I didn't stand for dismantling BBC
- 5 In=person exams made a welcome return this year, now for the Proms...
- 6 By-election result proves East Devon is not as 'true blue' as people thought
- 7 Despite the recent heatwave, Devon County Council is on course to beat climate change targets
- 8 Do you remember the general election of 1979?
- 9 Floral boat dedicated to Budleigh fisherman Digger Rogers
- 10 Hilary Mantel's desk fetches more than £4,000 at auction