What about our wheelie bins?
We have been circulated with details of the forthcoming kerbside recycling and refuse collecting Service. This is welcomed, but I have one question.
What is going to happen to the hundreds of wheelie-bins privately purchased and currently in use? Will they be incorporated within the scheme or consigned to landfill? Albeit these are mostly green while those yet to be issued will be grey, the sensible approach would be still to utilise them.
All that would be needed would be a stick-on ‘Landfill’ label which the council could alternatively supply. This would save a considerable amount of money too, but I wonder if the council has even thought of that.
6 Humphries Park,
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 3 Sound move to join singing group
- 4 Exmouth deliver outstanding display in local derby
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 6 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 7 Plenty of evidence why Devon won't give up the ghost
- 8 Stunning cup display from Brixington U11s
- 9 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 10 The upcoming annual Budget and how it might help those struggling this winter