welly-wangers achieve new heights
Over 4,000 people turned out to witness the highlight of Littleham’s sporting calendar, the inaugural welly tossing championships.
With dads’ and granddads’ getting free entry crowds from near and far packed the World of Country Life on Father’s Day.
Overall victor was a holidaymaker from Nottingham enigmatically only known as ‘Karl’ and he got his paws on the prized golden boot.
Park manager Tony Collins said: “We were absolutely packed all day with over 4,000 people turning up to enjoy a fantastic family day out.”
Resident welly-wanging tutor, coach Graham Walters said: “The welly tossing lessons went down a storm.
You may also want to watch:
“We had 54 entrants in the main competition –many were local lads, but well done to Karl from Nottingham who managed a superb wang of 33 metres!
“There was a slight headwind during the competition, which may well have prevented the world record being broken.’
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 8 Condolences to PM following 'senseless' killing of popular MP
- 9 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police