I am sure I am not alone among parents in welcoming back to work Exmouth Community College principal Tony Alexander after a long absence.
He returns to lead a school that has achieved Academy status and, with his renowned managerial skills, should soon become ‘outstanding’.
His main priorities must be weeding out the armchair socialists on his staff and showing them the door.
Academies are the future in education and must be run as effective businesses, not as mealy-mouthed establishments where every Tom, Dick and Harry gets a grade A.
His other priority must be to sort out the Post 16 element; ‘satisfactory’ is just not good enough.
If Mr Alexander is worth his unusually large salary, he will address these issues immediately.
- 1 Exeter man guilty of threatening police officer on Exmouth seafront
- 2 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 3 Brixington Blues weather the storm to blow away Broadclyst
- 4 Grants for energy efficiency improvements available for residents
- 5 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 6 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?
- 7 Ex-tree-mely good response to Rotary saplings giveaway in Exmouth
- 8 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 9 Proposal for a permanent beach volleyball pitch on an East Devon beach
- 10 School appeals for funds to replace outdated sports equipment