Wednesday, July 16 - Smoke detector saves the day in Littleham

PUBLISHED: 12:21 16 July 2008 | UPDATED: 09:18 10 June 2010

EXMOUTH firefighters were called to Littleham on Tuesday afternoon after a fire broke out in a kitchen.

EXMOUTH firefighters were called to Littleham on Tuesday afternoon after a fire broke out in a kitchen.

When the fire crew arrived at The Broadway home shortly before 4.30pm they found a pan left on a cooker had caught fire.

Firefighters wore breathing apparatus while they removed the pan and cooker to the open air, and ventilation fans were used to clear smoke from the property.

Exmouth watch commander Stefan Clark said: "When we arrived the occupants were outside. There was quite a lot of smoke in the building.

"The smoke detector gave the occupants an early warning so there weren't any injuries.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Exmouth Journal. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Exmouth Journal