Weather warning issued over thunderstorms
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Warnings over an approaching thunderstorm have been issued by the Met Office.
A yellow warning has been issued for most the UK for between 6pm on Tuesday, July 23 and 9am on Wednesday, July 24.
Scattered thunderstorms are set to move north tonight and early Wednesday which could lead to some power cuts and travel delays.
What to expect:
- There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur.
You may also want to watch:
- There is a small chance of damage to property from lightning strikes, hail or strong winds.
- There is a small chance buildings or structures of a few homes and businesses being damaged.
- 1 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 2 Stunning displays for this year's Britain in Bloom awards
- 3 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang
- 4 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 5 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 6 Western League opener for Exmouth Town
- 7 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 8 Creative thinking will connect artists across East Devon
- 9 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games
- 10 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- There is a small chance driving conditions will be affected by spray, standing water and/or hail, leading to longer journey times by car and bus.
Click here for more information from the met office.