Weather warning issued over thunderstorms
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Warnings over an approaching thunderstorm have been issued by the Met Office.
A yellow warning has been issued for most the UK for between 6pm on Tuesday, July 23 and 9am on Wednesday, July 24.
Scattered thunderstorms are set to move north tonight and early Wednesday which could lead to some power cuts and travel delays.
What to expect:
- There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur.
You may also want to watch:
- There is a small chance of damage to property from lightning strikes, hail or strong winds.
- There is a small chance buildings or structures of a few homes and businesses being damaged.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 8 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 9 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- There is a small chance driving conditions will be affected by spray, standing water and/or hail, leading to longer journey times by car and bus.
Click here for more information from the met office.