Weather warning issued over thunderstorms
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Warnings over an approaching thunderstorm have been issued by the Met Office.
A yellow warning has been issued for most the UK for between 6pm on Tuesday, July 23 and 9am on Wednesday, July 24.
Scattered thunderstorms are set to move north tonight and early Wednesday which could lead to some power cuts and travel delays.
What to expect:
- There is a slight chance that power cuts could occur.
You may also want to watch:
- There is a small chance of damage to property from lightning strikes, hail or strong winds.
- There is a small chance buildings or structures of a few homes and businesses being damaged.
- 1 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 2 Wins for East Budleigh and the Robinettes
- 3 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 4 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
- 5 Shortage of applicants lifts starting salaries
- 6 East Devon Ladies win County Pairs comp
- 7 Champions of art and culture help connect communities
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- There is a small chance driving conditions will be affected by spray, standing water and/or hail, leading to longer journey times by car and bus.
Click here for more information from the met office.