Weather warning issued for East Devon with flooding ‘likely’
- Credit: Met Office
Drivers are warned to take extra care during today’s bad weather and journeys are expected to take longer due to the challenging conditions.
Flooding and travel disruption is expected today – the Met Office has issued a weather warning for heavy rain covering Exmouth and the wider South West.
The Met Office has warned of heavy rain and strong winds, between 5am and 9pm today, creating difficult driving conditions across the county.
According to the weather forecaster’s website flooding is ‘likely’ in ‘a few homes and businesses’.
Bus and train services may well be affected with journeys likely to take longer than normal.
You may also want to watch:
Heavy spray and surface water on the area’s roads are predicted with drivers advised to extra care.
The wet and windy weather is expected to move east across the South West during the day, characterised by a strong and gusty southerly wind with coastal gales likely. The maximum daytime temperature will be 11C.
- 1 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 4 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 5 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 6 Seven points about Devon and Cornwall policing for G7 leaders
- 7 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 8 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 9 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 10 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
Tonight the rain will slowly ease and clearer spells are expected to develop in East Devon. It should be a relatively mild evening with minimum temperatures of 5C.
On Wednesday a mixture of showers and sunny spells are expected with the showers expected to be blustery and heavy.
The rest of the week is expected to be similar to Wednesday with sunny spells interspersed with heavy showers; the rain is expected to be lighter by Saturday.