We’re not an elitist group of artists
I think members of the Exmouth Art Group will have difficulty in discerning whether the comments of David Woolger ( Exhibition was too good - Exmouth Journal, August 6) are to be taken as a compliment or damning praise!
I think members of the Exmouth Art Group will have difficulty in discerning whether the comments of David Woolger ("Exhibition was too good" - Exmouth Journal, August 6) are to be taken as a compliment or damning praise!
Clearly, the 63rd Summer Exhibition, which we are holding in the magnificent Owen Building of the University of Plymouth at Rolle, is quite excellent and we are receiving only positive comments from visitors. Indeed, our guest opener, Ms Judi Spiers, was extremely impressed and said so on her BBC Radio Devon programme.
However, members of the group are very much amateur artists and will be delighted that Mr Woolger considers the exhibition appears to contradict this.
We are not at all an elitist group of professional and semi-professionals. Rather a group of enthusiastic people living in and around the Exmouth area, of all ages, experience and ability, coming together because of a shared love of the visual arts.
You may also want to watch:
We welcome new members, whatever their proficiency - I, for example, cannot draw a straight line - and hope the exhibition will encourage rather than deter!
- 1 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 2 There are some hard truths we need to accept about the pandemic
- 3 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 6 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 7 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 8 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 9 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 10 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
2 Springfield Road, Exmouth.