We’re not an elitist group of artists
I think members of the Exmouth Art Group will have difficulty in discerning whether the comments of David Woolger ( Exhibition was too good - Exmouth Journal, August 6) are to be taken as a compliment or damning praise!
I think members of the Exmouth Art Group will have difficulty in discerning whether the comments of David Woolger ("Exhibition was too good" - Exmouth Journal, August 6) are to be taken as a compliment or damning praise!
Clearly, the 63rd Summer Exhibition, which we are holding in the magnificent Owen Building of the University of Plymouth at Rolle, is quite excellent and we are receiving only positive comments from visitors. Indeed, our guest opener, Ms Judi Spiers, was extremely impressed and said so on her BBC Radio Devon programme.
However, members of the group are very much amateur artists and will be delighted that Mr Woolger considers the exhibition appears to contradict this.
We are not at all an elitist group of professional and semi-professionals. Rather a group of enthusiastic people living in and around the Exmouth area, of all ages, experience and ability, coming together because of a shared love of the visual arts.
You may also want to watch:
We welcome new members, whatever their proficiency - I, for example, cannot draw a straight line - and hope the exhibition will encourage rather than deter!
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 6 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 7 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 8 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 9 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 10 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
2 Springfield Road, Exmouth.