We’re not an elitist group of artists
I think members of the Exmouth Art Group will have difficulty in discerning whether the comments of David Woolger ( Exhibition was too good - Exmouth Journal, August 6) are to be taken as a compliment or damning praise!
I think members of the Exmouth Art Group will have difficulty in discerning whether the comments of David Woolger ("Exhibition was too good" - Exmouth Journal, August 6) are to be taken as a compliment or damning praise!
Clearly, the 63rd Summer Exhibition, which we are holding in the magnificent Owen Building of the University of Plymouth at Rolle, is quite excellent and we are receiving only positive comments from visitors. Indeed, our guest opener, Ms Judi Spiers, was extremely impressed and said so on her BBC Radio Devon programme.
However, members of the group are very much amateur artists and will be delighted that Mr Woolger considers the exhibition appears to contradict this.
We are not at all an elitist group of professional and semi-professionals. Rather a group of enthusiastic people living in and around the Exmouth area, of all ages, experience and ability, coming together because of a shared love of the visual arts.
We welcome new members, whatever their proficiency - I, for example, cannot draw a straight line - and hope the exhibition will encourage rather than deter!
- 1 Angry passenger keyed a car in disabled parking dispute
- 2 Exmouth business create leggings to raise funds for Hospiscare
- 3 Lympstone Marine trainer halfway through THREE ultra marathon challenge
- 4 Budleigh vineyard wins gold at inaugural wine competition
- 5 Floral boat dedicated to Budleigh fisherman Digger Rogers
- 6 Art exhibition celebrates Jurassic coastline
- 7 Monty creates Jubilee figure for his last East Budleigh Scarecrow Festival
- 8 Season-ticket purchase period extended at Exmouth Town
- 9 Budleigh joins scheme to put East Devon on green tourism map
- 10 Budleigh Music Fest line-up announced
2 Springfield Road, Exmouth.