We’re not an elitist group of artists
I think members of the Exmouth Art Group will have difficulty in discerning whether the comments of David Woolger ( Exhibition was too good - Exmouth Journal, August 6) are to be taken as a compliment or damning praise!
I think members of the Exmouth Art Group will have difficulty in discerning whether the comments of David Woolger ("Exhibition was too good" - Exmouth Journal, August 6) are to be taken as a compliment or damning praise!
Clearly, the 63rd Summer Exhibition, which we are holding in the magnificent Owen Building of the University of Plymouth at Rolle, is quite excellent and we are receiving only positive comments from visitors. Indeed, our guest opener, Ms Judi Spiers, was extremely impressed and said so on her BBC Radio Devon programme.
However, members of the group are very much amateur artists and will be delighted that Mr Woolger considers the exhibition appears to contradict this.
We are not at all an elitist group of professional and semi-professionals. Rather a group of enthusiastic people living in and around the Exmouth area, of all ages, experience and ability, coming together because of a shared love of the visual arts.
You may also want to watch:
We welcome new members, whatever their proficiency - I, for example, cannot draw a straight line - and hope the exhibition will encourage rather than deter!
- 1 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 2 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 3 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 6 John and Grace run for the heart
- 7 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 10 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
2 Springfield Road, Exmouth.