We must leave the EU
In response to A View from Westminster, January 28 - Hidden tax to hit charities. Hugo Swire MP tells how the Labour Government are abolishing the charities and voluntary groups long-standing exemption from music licensing rules. This will bring in �20
In response to A View from Westminster, January 28 - Hidden tax to hit charities.
Hugo Swire MP tells how the Labour Government are abolishing the charities' and voluntary groups' long-standing exemption from music licensing rules. This will bring in �20m a year to government but will cost more in red tape and for the participants to administer. Mr Swire explained how this levy will affect many charities and groups, not just in East Devon but right across the country. The way Mr Swire tells the story you get the impression he and the Tories do not agree with the abolition of this exemption. Yet clearly the Tories have no intention of reversing this decision, for surely such a coup of an announcement would not have been missed by Mr Swire. I can only conclude the Tories are complicit in the 'assault on the fabric of British communities', something that clearly needs to be done, whilst laying the foundations of the United States of Europe.
He also trumpets plans to allow local communities to purchase community assets. However if it were not for EU directive 97/67/EC and EU directive 2002/39/EC, this great non-idea would not be needed. The directives essentially ended the Royal Mail's monopoly and allowed companies like DHL and TNT to "cherry pick the profitable bits". This left Royal Mail losing out on the most profitable sections and at the same time having, by its own charter, to carry on with the less profitable.
It is the EU that is making the assaults on our British way of life, slowly breaking us down and turning us into just another region within the EU. Our politicians just stand by and facilitate the destruction of the UK as an independent state. The only way to save our nation is to leave the EU - this is now our Battle of Britain!
UK Independence Party
- 1 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
- 2 'Goth girl' Scarlett plans Dartmoor trek for charity
- 3 Big Breakfast fundraiser starts Budleigh Gala Week
- 4 'Report graffiti and vandalism', police urge Budleigh residents
- 5 Exeter Chiefs looking to get better of Bristol Bears, again and again!
- 6 I spent an afternoon with the Devon Air Ambulance
- 7 Body found in search for missing man
- 8 Witness appeal after Exmouth assault
- 9 Exmouth coast watch recruit three newbies
- 10 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
Prospective parliamentary candidate for East Devon