We meet high standards
I would like to challenge Devon supply teacher to spend a day teaching in my school, whilst myself, an extremely qualified HLTA with 12 years experience observes his/her lessons.
I would like to challenge "Devon supply teacher" to spend a day teaching in my school, whilst myself, an extremely qualified HLTA with 12 years experience observes his/her lessons.
Of course, if you feel that I am not qualified enough, my headteacher would be happy to observe and monitor as she does, as a matter of course, with all staff.
During my lesson observation you will need to prove the following;
1. The exact levels of your learners before your lessons commence.
2. Your knowledge of statutory and non-statutory frameworks and how they relate to the age and ability of your learners.
3. You will need to provide your planning, stating how you will be motivating and enhancing learners.
- 1 Full line-up announced for Exmouth Festival
- 2 'Goth girl' Scarlett plans Dartmoor trek for charity
- 3 Big Breakfast fundraiser starts Budleigh Gala Week
- 4 'Report graffiti and vandalism', police urge Budleigh residents
- 5 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
- 6 Exmouth coast watch recruit three newbies
- 7 Body found in search for missing man
- 8 I spent an afternoon with the Devon Air Ambulance
- 9 Found: Wanted man from Exmouth
- 10 Witness appeal after Exmouth assault
4. I will observe how you use AFL correctly, how you monitor responses and outcomes and then how you modify your approach accordingly.
5. What range of assessment techniques you use and how you then analyse the data in accordance with pupil tracking.
6. How you recognise and respond appropriately to situations that challenge equality of opportunity.
7. How you demonstrate a commitment to collaborative and co-operative working with colleagues. Yes, we do work as a team in our school and, therefore, I am not seen as a "replacement."
These are just a few of the 33 rigorous standards that I had to meet to become an HLTA.
If you decide to take up the challenge and haven't got a full time teaching position by then, then I would, of course, observe how you demonstrate the other 26 standards.
Woodbury Salterton C of E School.