We are losing our own town
I am quite surprised to hear that The Strand Gardens has got the green light. The people of Exmouth were left the gardens by Lady Rolle, in 1934, with certain by-laws attached to it which, over the years, have been completely ignored.
I am quite surprised to hear that The Strand Gardens has got the green light.
The people of Exmouth were left the gardens by Lady Rolle, in 1934, with certain by-laws attached to it which, over the years, have been completely ignored. The gardens have been a main scene for Exmouth for more than 70 years.
How can they take away trees and surrounding walls to make one caf� area?
For many Exmothians, whose families were in the First and Second World Wars, there were no bodies ever brought back, so Exmothians sit there and reflect on there loved ones who did not come home.
You may also want to watch:
The council says the trees are rotten, so why are the ones in Manor Gardens not rotten, being the same age.
If this happens to The Strand Gardens, then another piece of Exmouth has been ripped out, plus, if Lady Rolle has left this and conditions attached, then surely the council is going against the deed.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 4 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 5 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 6 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
Why is it that, over the years, Exmouth is being taken away, piece by piece, and our lovely town, which Exmothians love, is really disappearing.
Come on, Exmothians, get up and fight. We have to save this as we are becoming second class citizens in are own town.
15 Egremont Road,