We are losing our own town
I am quite surprised to hear that The Strand Gardens has got the green light. The people of Exmouth were left the gardens by Lady Rolle, in 1934, with certain by-laws attached to it which, over the years, have been completely ignored.
I am quite surprised to hear that The Strand Gardens has got the green light.
The people of Exmouth were left the gardens by Lady Rolle, in 1934, with certain by-laws attached to it which, over the years, have been completely ignored. The gardens have been a main scene for Exmouth for more than 70 years.
How can they take away trees and surrounding walls to make one caf� area?
For many Exmothians, whose families were in the First and Second World Wars, there were no bodies ever brought back, so Exmothians sit there and reflect on there loved ones who did not come home.
You may also want to watch:
The council says the trees are rotten, so why are the ones in Manor Gardens not rotten, being the same age.
If this happens to The Strand Gardens, then another piece of Exmouth has been ripped out, plus, if Lady Rolle has left this and conditions attached, then surely the council is going against the deed.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 3 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
- 6 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 10 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
Why is it that, over the years, Exmouth is being taken away, piece by piece, and our lovely town, which Exmothians love, is really disappearing.
Come on, Exmothians, get up and fight. We have to save this as we are becoming second class citizens in are own town.
15 Egremont Road,