Exmouth solicitors raising funds inspired by partner’s daughter
- Credit: CLIC Sargent
Inspired by a member of staff, whose daughter received a shock cancer diagnosis, an Exmouth-based solicitors has teamed up with a cancer charity for children and young people to raise vital funds and awareness.
Will Vine, partner at WBW Solicitors, has inspired the firm to choose CLIC Sargent for their partner of the year after his daughter, Lily, was diagnosed with cancer in June 2020 and has received support from the charity through a CLIC Sargent social worker and staying at their Home from Home in Bristol when Lily has treatment.
The partnership, which started in March, will last for one year and will see fundraising activities take place such as fitness challenges, sweepstakes and the £50 challenge to support the charity’s work.
The WBW team have set themselves the ambitious target of raising £10,000 towards the charity’s efforts over the next twelve months.
Will said: “Like many, I did not appreciate the indispensable work done by CLIC Sargent until it was needed.
“They were there for us from the point of diagnosis, and for every up and down of the journey along the way.
“It means the world to me that WBW are supporting CLIC Sargent this year, ensuing that the charity can continue to help other families like ours.”
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 3 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 4 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 5 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 6 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 7 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 8 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 9 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 10 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
Last year in Devon, CLIC Sargent supported 170 families, giving out 104 financial grants to the value of £24,104 helping families to cope with the costs of cancer.
Stephanie Parker, fundraising engagement manager for Devon at CLIC Sargent, said: “We are hugely grateful for the support of WBW Solicitors.
“The money raised will help CLIC Sargent provide specialist support, to help and guide families like Lily’s.
"We know that 12 more children and young people are diagnosed every day and it is vital that we can be there for them, individually, locally and nationally.
“We rely entirely on donations for our work, so support like this is absolutely crucial.”
To donate to WBW’s fundraising effort, visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/wbw-solicitors-clic-sargent.