Want a view - have a picnic
I would take issue with J Clapson s letter in the Journal last week concerning the Longboat Cafe, yet another gastronome banging on again about wonderful food with sea views.
I would take issue with J Clapson's letter in the Journal last week concerning the Longboat Cafe, yet another gastronome banging on again about wonderful food with sea views.
The views are there because no one has, thus far, persuaded the council into letting our beautiful beach be overrun by people demanding a view with their food.
My advice would be to pack a picnic, get out into the nature of it all and realise the beach area of Budleigh Salterton is a national treasure and should be left completely alone and as unspoilt as is humanly possible.
Stop going on about totally unrelated areas such as Jersey, which may or may not be pleased with their seafront development. Not in our backyard or in our lifetime, thank you very much. Give my regards to Jersey!
You may also want to watch:
Jane and Michael Forbes,
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 4 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 5 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 6 John and Grace run for the heart
- 7 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 8 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
- 9 Early detection increases chances of successful treatment
- 10 Who blinked first? A defining moment in humanity's existence