Want a view - have a picnic
I would take issue with J Clapson s letter in the Journal last week concerning the Longboat Cafe, yet another gastronome banging on again about wonderful food with sea views.
I would take issue with J Clapson's letter in the Journal last week concerning the Longboat Cafe, yet another gastronome banging on again about wonderful food with sea views.
The views are there because no one has, thus far, persuaded the council into letting our beautiful beach be overrun by people demanding a view with their food.
My advice would be to pack a picnic, get out into the nature of it all and realise the beach area of Budleigh Salterton is a national treasure and should be left completely alone and as unspoilt as is humanly possible.
Stop going on about totally unrelated areas such as Jersey, which may or may not be pleased with their seafront development. Not in our backyard or in our lifetime, thank you very much. Give my regards to Jersey!
You may also want to watch:
Jane and Michael Forbes,
- 1 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 2 Accountancy firm and comedy workshop company sponsoring business awards
- 3 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 4 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 5 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 6 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 7 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 8 A busy start to May for Exmouth Harriers
- 9 Recruitment evening for Exmouth’s Air Cadets squadron
- 10 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen