Want a view - have a picnic
I would take issue with J Clapson s letter in the Journal last week concerning the Longboat Cafe, yet another gastronome banging on again about wonderful food with sea views.
I would take issue with J Clapson's letter in the Journal last week concerning the Longboat Cafe, yet another gastronome banging on again about wonderful food with sea views.
The views are there because no one has, thus far, persuaded the council into letting our beautiful beach be overrun by people demanding a view with their food.
My advice would be to pack a picnic, get out into the nature of it all and realise the beach area of Budleigh Salterton is a national treasure and should be left completely alone and as unspoilt as is humanly possible.
Stop going on about totally unrelated areas such as Jersey, which may or may not be pleased with their seafront development. Not in our backyard or in our lifetime, thank you very much. Give my regards to Jersey!
You may also want to watch:
Jane and Michael Forbes,
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Appeal for Lifeboat volunteer guides for new station tours
- 3 Fancy a pint? Help support the survival of your local
- 4 Budleigh's community workshop is proud of its heritage
- 5 Devon played a major role in the English Civil War
- 6 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 7 United front needed to ensure Devon does not remain the poor relation
- 8 Auctioneers are becoming more accessible by utilising new technology
- 9 A little respect goes a long way to reducing summer tensions
- 10 Former pupil returns with inspiration after success in Paralympic Games