Volunteers needed for Budleigh talent show
VOLUNTEERS are needed to help with a Britain s Got Talent-style show which will take place in Budleigh Salterton s Gala Week next year. Kim Holmes, of Middle Street, East Budleigh, has helped organise a talent show as part of the week-long event which sta
VOLUNTEERS are needed to help with a Britain's Got Talent-style show which will take place in Budleigh Salterton's Gala Week next year.
Kim Holmes, of Middle Street, East Budleigh, has helped organise a talent show as part of the week-long event which starts next May, to raise funds for Children's Hopsice South West.
The 51-year-old said it is a number of years since such a show was held as part of gala week and wanted to reintroduce the feature.
She said: "I was watching Britain's Got Talent and thought, 'well - Budleigh has talent' and decided to try and reintroduce the show into gala week to demonstrate that."
You may also want to watch:
Eager to replicate part of the look and atmosphere of the popular reality TV show, Kim said she would love to hear from people who had any experience in lighting and sound operations.
"The show is going to be for over 17-year-olds to take part in. My daughter, Gabrielle, came second in one of the last contests held.
- 1 Recommendation for consultation on extending public space order for Exmouth to its beach
- 2 Approval for Clyst Valley regional park plan
- 3 Exmouth and Budleigh councillor retain county seats in 2021 elections
- 4 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 5 Covid-19 vaccination programme in Devon enters next phase
- 6 Turf cutting marks start of work on college’s new £13.5m building
- 7 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 8 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 9 Looking forward to rediscovering the magic of the theatre
- 10 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
"Its formula will be similar to Britain's Got Talent in the sense there will be auditions and I would like the audience to support acts, scream, and get involved.
"At the end of the day, though, it is about having fun and I wouldn't want people to take it too seriously."
In terms of the chosen charity, Kim said: "I know some people who visited a Children's Hospice and said it was a wonderful facility. It's such a great cause to raise money for."
If you would like to help in the talent show, call Kim Holmes on 01395 446525.