Volunteers needed at Topsham charity shops
VOLUNTEERS are needed to help out at Topsham’s Estuary League of Friend shops.
Rachel Gilpin, chief executive of the charity, said people were needed because many of their existing volunteers were going on holiday during the summer months.
She said: ““We’re delighted to say that business is gently improving once again, despite the recession, and summer is always a hectic period because of the tourists visiting the area.
“But this coincides with many of our existing volunteers going on holiday so we’re looking for new blood.”
The shops are open Monday to Saturday from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Rachel added: “Whether you’re a veteran behind the till or completely new, whether you can just spare on hour or a whole day, we’d be very grateful for your help.
“We recently had some teenagers working with us as part of their Duke of Edinburgh community exercise, and we’re keen to repeat this.”
- 1 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 2 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 3 Steve hopes community will help lifesaving research at awareness event
- 4 Exmouth woman denies murdering her partner Nigel Johnston
- 5 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 6 Landing great fish from boats across the region
- 7 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 8 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 9 Exmouth man sent to Broadmoor for B&B sex attack
- 10 Major improvement works ongoing at Exmouth Cricket Club
Anyone interested in helping out should contact the Estuary League of Friends on (01392) 879009 or by email on email@example.com