Volunteers needed at Topsham charity shops
VOLUNTEERS are needed to help out at Topsham’s Estuary League of Friend shops.
Rachel Gilpin, chief executive of the charity, said people were needed because many of their existing volunteers were going on holiday during the summer months.
She said: ““We’re delighted to say that business is gently improving once again, despite the recession, and summer is always a hectic period because of the tourists visiting the area.
“But this coincides with many of our existing volunteers going on holiday so we’re looking for new blood.”
The shops are open Monday to Saturday from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
Rachel added: “Whether you’re a veteran behind the till or completely new, whether you can just spare on hour or a whole day, we’d be very grateful for your help.
“We recently had some teenagers working with us as part of their Duke of Edinburgh community exercise, and we’re keen to repeat this.”
- 1 Devon County Council launch consultation for residents parking in Exmouth
- 2 Teenager tangled in buoy on River Exe
- 3 Exmouth nurse doing charity wing-walk this Sunday
- 4 For all our problems, we are in a far better position than most
- 5 Woman dies at scene of house fire in Exmouth
- 6 Local history: St John in the Wilderness Church
- 7 Will people talk in 40 years about the 2022 heatwave like we talk about 1976?
- 8 Somerset author giving book signing in Exmouth
- 9 New garden at Budleigh Library
- 10 Charities picking up the pieces
Anyone interested in helping out should contact the Estuary League of Friends on (01392) 879009 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org