Volunteers needed at Topsham charity shops
VOLUNTEERS are needed to help out at Topsham’s Estuary League of Friend shops.
Rachel Gilpin, chief executive of the charity, said people were needed because many of their existing volunteers were going on holiday during the summer months.
She said: ““We’re delighted to say that business is gently improving once again, despite the recession, and summer is always a hectic period because of the tourists visiting the area.
“But this coincides with many of our existing volunteers going on holiday so we’re looking for new blood.”
The shops are open Monday to Saturday from 9.30am to 4.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Rachel added: “Whether you’re a veteran behind the till or completely new, whether you can just spare on hour or a whole day, we’d be very grateful for your help.
“We recently had some teenagers working with us as part of their Duke of Edinburgh community exercise, and we’re keen to repeat this.”
- 1 Pop band McFly set to perform at Imperial Recreation Ground
- 2 Flood project construction vehicles end up in deep water
- 3 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 4 A plan for grassroots sport that must not be allowed to falter
- 5 Tax changes to attract shipping companies to UK
- 6 Sound move to join singing group
- 7 Lifeboat crew rescue kitesurfing girl
- 8 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 9 Horror shows and light entertainment for Halloween viewing
- 10 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
Anyone interested in helping out should contact the Estuary League of Friends on (01392) 879009 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org