Budleigh flower show organisers ‘surprised and delighted’ at virtual event entries
Organisers of a virtual flower show have been ‘surprised and delighted’ with the number of entries they received.
People were invited to send in photographs of their best vegetable, bloom, garden view, patio pots or hanging baskets for a contest to replace the August Budleigh Flower Show, which was cancelled due to coronavirus. Budleigh Flower and Produce Show organisers received 77 entries for the virtual event.
The photographic event featured classes for cake makers and children were urged to take part with their own creative entries.
There was no judging for the virtual flower show.
A spokesman for the show said: “We have been surprised and delighted with the number of entries we have received, both from our regular exhibitors and many new exhibitors.”
You may also want to watch:
Organisers are hoping the spring flower show, scheduled to take place in March 2021, will go ahead as planned.
For more information, email email@example.com
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 4 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 5 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 6 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year