Villages to benefit from Ladram Bay calendar shot
Ladram Bay’s pebbles are featured in a fundraising calendar to help small villages.
Villages in Action, Devon’s rural arts development organisation that brings professional arts events to small village venues, has organised a 2012 calendar in a bid to raise funds for the project.
Villages in Action, Devon’s rural arts development organisation that brings professional arts events to small village venues, is looking to bring in extra income by publishing a high quality calendar for 2012.
Award-winning photographer Ben Osborne was commissioned to photograph the area and his shots were used to produce a calendar and greetings cards.
Villages in Action director Roger Werner said: “It’s pretty hard to make budgets balance these days, so we have to be resourceful. For the last couple of years, we have been involved in a project called Jurassic Journey in partnership with Artsreach, our sister organisation in Dorset.
You may also want to watch:
“This included commissioning award-winning photographer Ben Osborne to take a series of photographs and when we saw the amazing images he produced, we decided to create a calendar and greetings cards so that more people could enjoy them and to raise much-needed income for our work in rural communities.”
The calendar is available from the Villages in Action office (106 High Street, Crediton EX17 3LF) by sending a cheque payable to Villages in Action for �9 including p&p. Full details of can be found at www.villagesinaction.co.uk or by phoning (01363) 773660.
- 1 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 2 Young stage stars tell magical story of Matilda
- 3 Explanation needed for failure to fulfil election pledge
- 4 It's official - Devon is one of the most popular places to live
- 5 Photographers invited to share their favourite images
- 6 Elusive mackerel still popping up for Devon anglers
- 7 Devon has one of the highest recycling rates in the UK
- 8 Exmouth's 'kite twins' triumph in national freestyle championships
- 9 Hospiscare yarn-bomb mail trail is a delight for all to enjoy
- 10 New funding pot for community buildings in East Devon