EAST Budleigh is celebrating winning an award in the Best Kept Village competition. The village came out tops in the best past winner category after judges praised its continued community care.
EAST Budleigh is celebrating winning an award in the Best Kept Village competition.
The village came out tops in the best past winner category after judges praised its continued community care.
East Budleigh beat past winner Witheridge to the winning title.
A spokesperson for the awards said: "East Budleigh was outstanding with noticeable improvements in the care of public amenities and private properties."
You may also want to watch:
The competition, in its 39th year, is organised by the Campaign to Protect Rural England.
The winners each received �100 worth of Mole Valley Farmers tokens and a shield and board to display in the village.
- 1 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 2 Bouncing back with our Library of Things
- 3 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 4 Exmouth Parkrun is back with a bang
- 5 East Devon MP humbled by care home visit
- 6 Western League opener for Exmouth Town
- 7 Delay in Exmouth murder trial announced
- 8 TV presenter Josie makes a splash at holiday park
- 9 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 10 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
The aim of the competition is to reward community spirit and picturesque charm.
The competition spokesperson said: "For some villages, it becomes a source of pride to make sure that, when the eagle-eyed judges come round, everything is spick and span.