Village play area closed as upgrade work begins
- Credit: Matt Healey
Work has begun to upgrade Knowle village’s children’s play area.
The existing park, on the site of Knowle Village Hall, has been closed off to the public while works are completed.
The village hall committee has placed the order for the new equipment and preparation works on the site are being completed by volunteers.
The play area will remain closed until after suppliers have installed the new equipment and it is hoped the new and improved play area will be completed by February next year.
Planning permission and funding has been gained for the majority of the works, with only three ideas - including a tractor and emperor chimes - still needing funding.
You may also want to watch:
Once finished, the park will feature a Mardi Gras play area, a mini basket swing, a flymobile roundabout, a Land Rover vehicle, a ground trampoline and a log swing.
There will also be table tennis tables, a play house and picnic benches.
- 1 Exmouth candidates gear up for county council elections
- 2 Tribute paid to former town manager Suzy
- 3 Exmouth social group Friends UK set to resume meet ups
- 4 Candidates ready for elections in Exmouth and Budleigh Coastal ward
- 5 Promising signs for Town’s young footballers
- 6 Sand movement forces change of launch location for Exmouth lifeboat
- 7 Exmouth’s final goodbye to ‘RNLI stalwart’ Tim Mock
- 8 Mixed views on future development in East Devon
- 9 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 10 Budleigh Hub saves the NHS £340,000 a year