Video promotes walkng and cycling in Devon
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
People from around the world are being encouraged to head to Devon and get active by a new video.
Devon County Council is working with Visit Devon on a campaign promoting Devon as the place to be for walking and cycling.
Among the activities highlighted are walking on the South West Coast Path, and cycling on the Exe Estuary Trail.
Councillor Andrea Davis, cabinet member responsible for improving health and wellbeing, said: “Devon’s natural environment provides the most wonderful opportunity for people of all ages and abilities to get out and about to discover new interests and places, all of which can have a very positive effect on improving our health and well-being.”
Councillor Stuart Hughes, responsible for Devon’s cycle route network, said: “Being outside and enjoying somewhere special helps us feel happier and more connected to nature, whether that’s on an off-road trail or more challenging route.
You may also want to watch:
“Devon has an exceptional variety of multi-use routes set in some of the country’s most beautiful natural landscapes.
“We’re looking forward to showcasing this fantastic walking and cycling offer both inside and outside Devon.”
- 1 Premises licence for Mikey’s Berach Bar granted – but opening hours cut
- 2 Exmouth’s Imperial Hotel set to reopen
- 3 Junior rugby returns after a year of frustration
- 4 Clyst Valley park is part of Exmouth to Exmoor national trail vision
- 5 New attractions and vendors as Queen’s Drive Space gets ready for summer
- 6 Exmouth folk and visitors love their coffee!
- 7 ‘Pay what you can’ at Open Door Community Café
- 8 Tribute paid to former town manager Suzy
- 9 WBW Solicitors sponsoring best start up business award
- 10 Plea for help to outfit Budleigh’s new community workshop
The video can be seen online at the Travel Devon YouTube channel.