VIDEO Exmouth car fire
A woman was taken to hospital suffering from burns on Tuesday night after a car caught fire in Exmouth.
Exmouth firefighters and the police were called to the junction of Salterton Road and Rolle Road shortly before 8.30pm on Tuesday night following reports a car was on fire.
On arrival it was found the car had been involved in a collision with a lamp post before catching alight.
A Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: “The car was severely damaged by fire and one female casualty had been released prior to arrival of the fire service.
“Fire crews dealt with the incident using two breathing apparatus, two hose reel jets and one compressed air foam jet.
You may also want to watch:
“One female person suffering burns was taken to hospital by ambulance.”
- 1 Are you ready to play hotel's Game of Stones?
- 2 Finest display of the season for Exmouth Town
- 3 Concept of 'live local' more important than ever in housing crisis
- 4 Councillors call for a U-turn on universal credit £20 decision
- 5 Exe Raid Regatta on Exmouth water
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 8 Condolences to PM following 'senseless' killing of popular MP
- 9 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 10 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police