Vet staff back Twilight Walk with 80s theme
- Credit: Archant
Staff from Corner House Veterinary Surgery will be among scores of women and girls taking part in this year’s Hospiscare Twilight Walk, setting off from Exmouth in July.
The annual event this year has a ‘back to the ’80s’ theme, where day-glo, leg warmers, ra-ra skirts, big hair and shoulder pads are encouraged.
The Twilight Walk, on Saturday, July 8, has two routes - five miles or a new 10-mile route - starting from The Maer, Exmouth.
Jo Mason, Corner House managing director, at Withycombe Village Road, said the practice team had entered the walk for the last two years.
“We always like to do a number of things to help local charities every year. The Twilight Walk is ideal as we feel it is something we can do as a team together,” said Jo.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s not only a fun and sociable walk but something which anyone can do regardless of their level of physical fitness, especially as there are now both five- and ten-mile walks. There’s no need for any awkwardness or embarrassment. It’s just fun and in a great cause.”
To sign up for the Twilight Walk, visit www.twilight.org.uk. There is a special team offer open now until May 8. A team of four can enter the event for just £60, standard single entry is £17.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 3 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 4 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 5 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 6 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 7 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year