I am writing looking to request the assistance of you and your readers.
For nearly 30 years, I have been collecting Vespa motor-scooters and the associated memorabilia. Needless to say, the little Vespa was a huge part of life in the 1950s and 1960s when the majority of such vehicles were made.
My modest collection has been a regular feature at classic vehicle shows up and down the country. However, I am shortly to open a 1950s-style caf�, which is to incorporate a Vespa/scooter theme, with badges, banners, pennants, etc, lining the walls.
I am particularly interested in unearthing more Vespa Club of Britain ‘cog’ badges (approximately 3.5 inches in the shape of a gear cog) which were issued to branch members locally and to commemorate rallies and meetings.
If any of your readers have such treasures gathering dust and would be interested in seeing them appreciated by a wider audience, and/or have photographs/stories that they wish to share, could they please contact me on 07780 136 894 (I will be happy to call back to save expense), or by e-mail at email@example.com or c/o 226, Woolwich Road, Charlton, London, SE7 7QU.
Additionally, anyone wishing to keep abreast of progress regarding the opening of the caf�, feel free to drop me a line.
- 1 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 2 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 3 Four great attractions to visit prior to Christmas
- 4 Proposal for a permanent beach volleyball pitch on an East Devon beach
- 5 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now
- 6 Yellow weather warning for ice and snow in Devon tonight
- 7 Man in court over alleged 'threat' to Exmouth police officer
- 8 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 La La Choirs in full voice to support children's hospice