Vandalism spree causes thousands of pounds in damage to Exmouth businesses
EXMOUTH police are appealing for witnesses after a gang of vandals caused thousands of pounds worth of damages in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
EXMOUTH police are appealing for witnesses after 51 businesses were targeted by a gang of vandals in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
Three men, believed to be in their late teens, have been caught on the town's CCTV cameras scratching or daubing the initials NKS on signs and windows along The Parade, Exeter Road, Withycombe Village Road, Bradham Lane, Salterton Road and Littleham Cross.
Tesco, in Salterton Road, had its fuel sign vandalised by the trio, which the police say is expected to cost �15,000 to replace.
Exmouth police officer PC Mat Helm said the vandalism appears to be planned rather than spur of the moment.
You may also want to watch:
The police are appealing for witnesses, or anyone who has information about the crimes.
PC Helm said: "You can see them on the CCTV and they seem quite organised with it. They have got a spotter with them.
- 1 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 2 Tributes to man who saw town's marina through transition
- 3 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 6 Better broadband rollout will deliver speeds you'd expect
- 7 Covid support team thanks community for generous help
- 8 Much-loved public parks given the green flag
- 9 Exmouth Talking Newspaper celebrates 40th birthday
- 10 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser
"They are really camera aware. They have hidden their faces with hoods or scarves."
The spate of vandalism is the second time the businesses in Exeter Road have been hit in as many weeks.
If you have any information about the vandalism, contact Exmouth police on 08452 777444 or Crimestoppers, in confidence, on 0800 555111.