Vandalism spree causes thousands of pounds in damage to Exmouth businesses
EXMOUTH police are appealing for witnesses after a gang of vandals caused thousands of pounds worth of damages in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
EXMOUTH police are appealing for witnesses after 51 businesses were targeted by a gang of vandals in the early hours of Wednesday morning.
Three men, believed to be in their late teens, have been caught on the town's CCTV cameras scratching or daubing the initials NKS on signs and windows along The Parade, Exeter Road, Withycombe Village Road, Bradham Lane, Salterton Road and Littleham Cross.
Tesco, in Salterton Road, had its fuel sign vandalised by the trio, which the police say is expected to cost �15,000 to replace.
Exmouth police officer PC Mat Helm said the vandalism appears to be planned rather than spur of the moment.
You may also want to watch:
The police are appealing for witnesses, or anyone who has information about the crimes.
PC Helm said: "You can see them on the CCTV and they seem quite organised with it. They have got a spotter with them.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 4 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 5 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 10 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
"They are really camera aware. They have hidden their faces with hoods or scarves."
The spate of vandalism is the second time the businesses in Exeter Road have been hit in as many weeks.
If you have any information about the vandalism, contact Exmouth police on 08452 777444 or Crimestoppers, in confidence, on 0800 555111.