Residents between 65 and 69 now being invited for Covid-19 vaccine
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
GP surgeries in Exmouth and the wider East Devon are turning their attentions to vaccinating the next highest groups of residents against Covid-19
Ten East Devon practices have been working together to get the top four priority groups vaccinated against Covid-19 and have announced they are now inviting those in ‘cohotts’ five and six.
The 10 surgeries which have successfully delivered more than 25,000 vaccine doses – as many as 3,000 in a day sometimes – include Claremont Medical Practice, Raleigh Surgery, Haldon House Surgery, Imperial Medical Practice and Rolle Medical Partnership in Exmouth.
Budleigh Salterton Medical Centre, Woodbury Surgery, Honiton Surgery, Coleridge Medical Centre and SId Valley Practice have also been involved in the vaccine rollout.
Vaccinations have taken place at Exmouth Tennis Centre, elderly care homes, learning disability care homes and via home visits.
Attention now turns to those in cohort 5 (over 65 - 69 years) and cohort 6 (16-65 years old with underlying health conditions).
Speaking on behalf of the GP surgeries, Dr Barry Coakley, clinical director for the Woodbury, Exmouth and Budleigh primary care network, said: “Many people in cohort 5 will have already received a letter from NHS England inviting them to attend a mass vaccination site.
- 1 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 2 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 3 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 4 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 5 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 6 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 7 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 8 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 9 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 10 Next stop Queen’s Drive for Exmouth Miniature Railway!
“As with previous invitations, if you wish to take them up on this offer, follow the instructions on the letter. If not, you can ignore this letter and await your invitation to Exmouth Tennis Centre.
“We have been receiving a lot of queries from people about when their second dose might be. We have been working with NHS England to ensure that everyone will have their second dose of the vaccine by 12 weeks.
“We are pleased to report that this supply has been confirmed and practices will be in touch in the coming weeks to book second doses!
“Thank you for your patience as we continue working to get everyone vaccinated as quickly and safely as we can.
“Your kind words of support and encouragement for our team, including our amazing local volunteers, are wonderful to receive so thank you.”